Learn How the Botanist Can Be the Difference Between Life and Death in the New Trailer!
Having sharp katanas and powerful magic at your disposal when journeying up the Yggdrasil Tree is nice and all, but having the best warriors in the land mean nothing without a healer. Thankfully, the Botanist is there to make sure everyone in the party stays happy and healthy during adventures. These scholars of the medical arts use their vast knowledge of herbs and plant life to mend and invigorate those wounded in battle. These healers can further expand their skills in the medical field with The Merciful Healer specialization or they can take on a more offensive role as The Graceful Poisoner. If they choose to go the poison route, they can unleash devastating ailments, such as paralyze, blind, petrify, and more, on unwitting creatures.
Watch the Botanist save allies from certain doom in the new trailer!
Unfortunately, the Bufu Boys Will and EJ won't be streaming their misadventures in Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl this week. Tune in next Friday (Sept. 1) at 2:00 PM PDT for your chance to win some prizes and watch them navigate the perilous dungeons!
ATLUS Twitch Channel https://www.twitch.tv/atlususa
They say that whoever reaches the top of the colossal Yggdrasil will have their greatest wish fulfilled. So what's so hard about hiking up a tree? Well, besides being a gigantic labyrinth, the Yggrasil tree is home to many nightmarish creepy crawlies and terrifying FOEs just waiting for a tasty treat to come waltzing by. But don't let that dampen your adventurous spirit because the Etrian Odyssey V launch edition contains many treasures that will strengthen your resolve! Here's what you'll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab the limited launch edition of the game:
- 24-Page Art Book - Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
- 6-Track Music CD - A grand journey is utterly droll without music, so get into the adventuring mindset with an enchanting soundtrack crafted by long-time series composer Yuzo Koshiro!
- Outer Box - The Yggdrasil tree and eager adventurers adorn this colorful outer box which protects the precious treasures it holds within.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth features:
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel - Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various "scenarios," and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder - It wouldn't be an Etrian Odysseygame without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn--and then make a note on the map so it's not so unexpected next time!
- Epic Turn-based Battles - There's a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs--high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers--roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You'll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
- Expanded Character Creation and Customization - With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
- A Magical Art Style and Score - Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth will release on Oct. 17 for the Nintendo 3DS™ system and will be priced at $39.99. The game has been rated T by the ESRB. For more information please visit the website: http://atlus.com/etrian5/.